*Musical pedagogy includes technical studies, theory, musical styles, improvisation, ear training, sight reading, and ensemble work.
- $30 for a 30 minute private lesson once a week
- $41 for a 45 minute private lesson once a week
- Tuition is to be paid the first lesson of each month for however many lessons offered in the month.
- A late fee of $10 will be charged to payments received after the 15th of the month.
- THERE WILL BE NO DEDUCTION IN TUITION FOR STUDENT CANCELLATION.
- A tardy student has only the time remaining in the lesson period.
- You will not be charged for vacation weeks specified in the calendar (shown on this site) or the lessons the teacher needs to cancel. Usually the teacher does not teach in the month of August. See the calendar for other scheduled breaks.
- Students who do not practice will be dropped.
- Students are expected to attend every possible lesson, however, lessons may be rescheduled with 24 hours notice in advance.
- Students will be expected to perform at regular recitals held by the teacher.
- Students canceling for the summer cannot be assured the same time in the fall. In order to reserve your time while away on vacation, it is necessary for the tuition to be paid for the missed lesson(s) prior to departure.
MAKEUP LESSON POLICY:
- If a student misses a lesson for any reason, including emergencies, the lesson time must still be paid for. A makeup lesson may be scheduled only if the piano teacher is notified at least 24 hours before the missed lesson. Otherwise, the possibility of a makeup time is forfeited. (The more time of notice received, the more makeup lessons can be scheduled, benefitting everyone eventually.)
- If a makeup lesson is scheduled and the student does not attend that scheduled lesson, then the makeup lesson is forfeited.
- If a student will be absent for an extended period of time and decides to pay tuition to hold their appointed time, only a maximum of 2 makeup lessons will be given, even if more than 2 lessons are missed.